Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Three weeks of gluten-free hell - Day 10

"I don't think you're a fool, but what's my opinion compared to that of thousands of others?"

This one seems a bit contrived, like it's trying too hard. Not very punchy either.

I don't mean to sound like a fashion Nazi, but this guy on the tube was wearing a bright PINK suit (I didn't even know one could get such a thing) with a full length RED raincoat over it. He was a rather voluminous man, too. I don't say that because I have anything against voluminous people, but rather because the considerable available surface area on display made it all the more startling..... really, I thought people learnt about these things in crayon class....

Anyway, not really making any headway into the whole breakfast thing. I don't really do cereal and, frankly, the thought of gluten-free birdseed isn't particularly appealing. So I'm sticking to fruit. But then my frend wanted to pick up a sandwich mixte and a pain au chocolat from PAUL. Ah... the sound of crisp baguette is enough to make your mouth water.......... but instead I had to go down the road and get some sushi and some very expensive, unripe apricots that I'm sure carry more carbon credits than I do.... they were a rip-off. You know that enticing fruit stall on Hampstead High Street? Don't do it!!

Dinner was more of that chicken, salad, prawn, butternut squash soup deal.... it was late...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home