Monday, March 20, 2006

Fried green tomatoes at The Flying Biscuit

I'd initially intended to go to this Atlanta landmark for Sunday brunch, but instead had to be content with watching the line outside from the Caribou coffee house opposite. So I decided to give The Flying Biscuit, on 1001 Piedmont Avenue, another try on Monday night instead. And a good thing I did, too. The place offers a modern outlook on southern classics - meatloaf sandwich, shrimp and grits, key lime pie.... I opted for fried green tomatoes with ricotta, and cornmeal fried catfish with cheese grits and collard greens, all of which was yummy. I must admit that I'm not a big fan of grits. The whole idea just puzzles me. But in moderation, with a flaky piece of catfish and spicy collards, they were delicious. Sadly, I had no room for dessert, although I'm told the cornbread pudding is excellent...

Salad, biscuit, ice tea

Fried green tomatoes

Catfish with pear compote on cheese grits and collard greens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home