Sunday, February 26, 2006

Fruits of thy labour......

So on quite possible the coldest day of the year in London, I was enticed to a somewhat impromptu Hawaiian-themed evening, which was to involve exotic fruits, Hawaiian shirts, surf videos and pizza (I had to forego the Hawaiian shirt, not being quite dressed for the occasion, and Hawaiian shirts being against my religion... I did overdose on pizza, though, having had a whole one for lunch too....). Marks & Spencer's Simply Food, being the plastic store that it is, didn't so much have fruit that wasn't already cubed and cellophaned, let alone exotic types. Still, we did what we could with one pineapple and a few boxes of canteloupe, rubbish mango and watermelon.

I got to play with Japanese steel (yay!), so as you can see, it all got a little out of control. Just a shame we didn't have any cocktail umbrellas:



I'm thinking of taking a fruit carving course.... anyway, suffice to say, I'm much better with a Japanese blade than I am at World Rally Championship, which involved 'driving' on an icy track in snowy conditions somewhere in Sweden while listening to Alpinestars. My PS2 thumbs are a little rusty, so I'm dusting off those controllers.... bring on Gran Turismo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CCT - I want to write something clever here, but first let me say you are a PRO with Japanese Steel, and we were all the luckier for it. But hey, so WHAT is the deal with that OCD streak of yours though - I have never seen a layperson pay so much attention to fruit... And btw you forgot to mention that you ditched out on our game of Seafarers, though the HOST decided to be unhostly and beat the rest of us... tsk tsk...

9:17 pm  
Blogger CCT said...

Well, if you can't think of anything clever to write, then flattery certainly goes a long way. And you were doing so well up until the OCD bit...... still, it was my pleasure to enhance your experience of fruit. But I agree, always sucks to lose to hosts and amateurs...

11:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home