Saturday, March 04, 2006

Secrets of the ATM...

There is one thing I like about banks, and that's being outside of them.... which brings me onto ATMs. You've been there - you need some cash, you come across the only ATM within a 10-block radius, there's a line, but you think, well, there's only a couple of people in front of me, and I since I'm here, I might as well just wait a bit. And then you end up waiting like 10 minutes while the person in front of you is furiously punching away at the buttons and the thing is flashing and making all these beeping noises, and there's all this sighing and then cursing, and then the card comes out, and goes in again and more key punching and more flashing and beeping, and then, finally!

What the heck do people do at ATMs?? As far as I know, there isn't that much to do at an ATM. You punch in a four-digit PIN, push one button for cash with/without receipt, and another one for the amount. If you're feeling really adventurous, you might ask to see your balance on-screen, which is a whole two other buttons to push. The whole thing takes 20 seconds. How do people manage to spend five minutes at these things? I used to think there was a secret combination of keys that lets you play Space Invaders, kinda like those Easter Eggs you get on DVDs. But try as I might, I haven't even been able to find PacMan on there. Somebody tell me, am I not getting the most out of my ATM experience??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home