Wednesday, August 27, 2008

China China, where art thou , oh China?

aka 烧肉贩

I was devastated to learn that China China, my vote for the best Chinese restaurant in London's Chinatown, closed down recently for reasons that will probably never be known. Situated in a prime location on the corner of Gerrard Place, roast duck, chicken and pork alluringly hanging on the restaurant front, China China served classic Cantonese food for years, and had the best crispy pork and rice in town. Gone are the days when I could pass by after work for a take out portion of crispy pork, or drop in for duck and preserved vegetables with crispy noodles, pi-pa tofu, or prawn dumplings.

I am now forced to undertake an exhaustive research of all the restaurants in Chinatown, to find a suitable replacement for my crispy pork cravings....... I will report back. In the meantime, I have no choice but to make my own...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home