Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mangoes and Curry Leaves

Mangoes and Curry Leaves, by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid

If you ever wanted to make Indian food, but found it daunting, then this is the book for you. I got this as a Christmas gift from the G* and it's a fantastic book. It has recipes from all over the subcontinent, with anecdotes from the authors' travels, great pictures and some delicious, foolproof recipes.

A selection of tried and tested below:

Katchhi Village Potato Curry

Zinet's Chicken with Tomato and Greens
This recipe is fantastic. I wish I could tell you what it involves, but the G* made it, so I have no idea. I can only vouch for the fact that it tastes really good

Aromatic Slow-Cooked Chicken
On the face of it, this recipe looks pretty dubious. Anything that involves boiling chicken for half an hour makes me suspicious, but this is really tender and flavourful. The rice vinegar and fresh coriander make all the difference.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest to the tastiness of all 3. You should post the recipes C....
RS

8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home