Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blog upgrades

Dear Readers,

Greetings from Geneva airport's gate A2, which despite being (allegedly) smoke-free, nevertheless seems (with the rest of Geneva) to be tainted with that permeating smell of cigarette smoke. It seems somewhat incongruous that a land that so prides itself in order, timeliness, cleanliness and cows should be so tolerant of the white death sticks.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this blog entry, which is aimed instead at informing you that I've been trying to do some upgrading and maintenance of this blog, adding (as you'll see below) some slideshow functionality, which will hopefully reduce the length of some entries (particularly those 15-course Chinese banquets...). Sadly, this slideshow programme I'm using doesn't seem to let you select the order in which photos appear, so you might have to watch everything backwards until I can figure out how to resolve this.

I've also started tagging my entries with keywords, which you'll see appearing at the bottom of each entry. Clicking on a keyword will take you to my tags page on del.ic.ious, where you can see all other entries tagged with the same keyword. So you could, for example, enter "London+restaurant" to see a list of all restaurant that I've reviewed in London (I hope…). This will involve some retro-tagging, though, so it might take a while until they're all linked.

I'm also thinking about changing the rather mundane template, particularly as there's a lot of dead space on the left-hand side at the moment. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

So much for Swiss punctuality – my flight's been delayed an hour….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home