Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pre-Christmas

Since nasty skank byotch will be away for three weeks, I've had to forego all pre-Christmas celebrations. In fact, I'm quite thankful for this, because I have no idea where time goes these days and, frankly, I don't have time. I couldn't, however, get away without hosting one dinner, vicarious, graphic details of which below:



1. Spiced butternut squash soup
2. Russian salad with prawns
3. Sherry roast pork with crackling, roasted pumpkin and sautéed leeks
4. Half New York Cheesecake
5. Mince pies (courtesy of H) and cappuccino biscotti

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nasty Skank Byotch...
what on earth is russian salad?
Sincerely,
Your Canadian Friend...

8:08 pm  
Blogger CCT said...

Good question indeed, my dear Canadian friend. In fact, my version of salade russe appears to be a poor imitation of the original, which I'm informed involved veal tongue and pickles and other exotic things. Mine is essentially a mixture of boiled potatoes and carrots, celery and peas (although I forgot the peas), dressed in a mixture of mayonnaise and yoghurt, sometimes with apple if I feel like it.

But I refer you to the following for the scandalous details of the original Muscovite salade Olivier:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_salad

2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home