Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blackberry

It's always interesting to learn about the toilet culture when you first start in a new working environment, so here's an edited excerpt of my e-mail to india girl earlier today:

"ok, so I'm just writing this quickly as I need a distraction between checking proofs of a manuscript and preparing myself psychologically for another session of looking at endless tables of Stata output. But I was just in the third floor restroom and I swear the person in the cubicle next door was tapping away at his Blackberry. All I could hear was this "click, click, click" noise of the keys, and I'm pretty sure it was a Blackberry, 'cos they have a very distinctive key-click sound. But damn was he a slow typist. It was actually really annoying me, not just that he was typing, on his Blackberry, in a toilet cubicle, but that he was doing it so slowly. I bet he was writing a paper for the New England Journal of Medicine or something. Public health's finest, written in a toilet cubicle.......

I wonder if JK Rowling writes on the toilet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home