Monday, July 09, 2007

Hair Affair....

Have you ever cheated on your hair stylist? Perhaps you can help me resolve this problem after reading the exchange below with etowngirl:

"Oh, so let me ask you this. If you went to a hairdresser's and had one stylist do your hair a few times, and then switched to a different stylist in the same place, do you think that would be seen as a sleight by the other one?

I was never really bothered by who did my hair, so when I started going to this Korean salon this Korean girl did my hair a few times, but then the next couple of times I kept going on days when she wasn't in, so someone else did my hair. And now she [the new one] always does my hair, so I'm wondering if the other one's [upset] with me now. I don't really know about hair stylist politics. I'm sure someone's written an insightful novel about this called "Secret diaries of a hair stylist" or something.

But I wouldn't want to upset a Korean woman with scissors...... I've seen "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" - it wasn't pretty!"

"I think you are guilty of being a stylist slut...

Seriously, I am not joking when I say that I have heard from many a reliable source (ie. my own hairdresser) that switching stylists without having a long discussion with your old one first, or just going from one stylist to another is not good etiquette. I think it's even worse if they work in the same salon.

Watch out for the Korean woman with sharp, pointy scissors..."

"
I feared as much. It's bad enough that I switched stylists in the same salon, but my new one is Japanese...... doesn't bode well, does it....?

So do you think there's a way to resolve this that won't lead to a scene out of a Park Chan-Wook vengeance movie? Those scissors are really sharp. They're made with Japanese steel, you know... It's not like I meant to sleight her - she just was never there when I went to get my haircut. So it's really her fault for not working on convenient days! Although she was there the other day, and I even had my tips coloured. Is that, like, really rubbing it in? "Hey, look, someone else is putting red low-lites in my hair!"

I thought that maybe next time I could have her cut my hair, so she doesn't think that I think she's a sucky stylist. But then I'd probably have to go on a day that my Japanese stylist isn't working. Would that be like two-timing my stylist....?

Dude, how stressful is getting one's hair done?"

"Okay, not ONLY did you get your hair cut by a different stylist, but you also highlighted your hair with her?! You have committed a double sin, and I think the only solution, in order to avoid the Japanese steel scissors, is to change salons. If you go back to the first stylist you cheated on just for a cut, she's going to think she's the runner-up and that you only think she's good enough for a cut but not a highlight. And that would be tantamount to saying, "You're my back-up date." No girl likes being the back-up date.

Before you cheat on yet another stylist, just abandon ship and find another salon. Preferably one that's far away from the first..."

So, what do you think? Should I:

a) Do nothing. Pretend this never happened. Keep going to stylist B.
b) Abandon ship and find another salon, preferably as far away as possible from the current one
c) Attempt to reconcile with stylist A (Korean woman with sharp scissors) by arranging my next cut with her on a day when stylist B (Japanese woman with sharp scissors) isn't working
d) Ditch both stylist A and stylist B (Korean and Japanese women with sharp scissors respectively) and go for a male stylist next time
e) Other, please specify


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear C,
Wow, and I thought that *I* over-analyzed things! I think that you should just go to whichever stylist is working when you want to go in...Did you ever think that maybe they didn't notice?
And, more importantly, since when did you get red lowlights!!! I will need photographic proof!
:)
Vic.

5:42 am  
Blogger andrea said...

I pick 'b'. Want to come to Toni&Guy with me next time I go?

8:28 am  
Blogger CCT said...

Thanks, but I think I'd rather risk the wrath of a spurned Korean stylist wielding Japanese steel than go to Toni&Guy......

5:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home